Friday, February 18, 2011

The weekend before

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick.......................... tock. The reluctant hands of the clock decide to slow and let me endure each painful repetitious rotation of its inner mechanics. Why can't I just have my way with time? What a remarkable thought - the ability to go back and forth as I please. Imagine turning the clock to Monday afternoon having no anxiety or distress over the then past moment of dreaded anguish. If only I were so lucky. 

So perhaps a change in outlook might be advantageous. How about we say fuck it! Enjoy these last moments before the torture of flipping page after page of indifferent text books continue. When I study, I mindlessly force feed information into my head hoping that the neurotransmitters will do my bidding. When in fact they suffer from my neglectful mistreatment. Let's give them a chance - a dose of the glory days! Soak in the sun, make use of your time, the great outdoors! Because in all likelihood - you will pass - and you will be subject to a world of dismay going forward. Bittersweet isn't it?

One step at a time and in the end you have another few letters after  your name. But what does it really matter when you can't enjoy the more simple things in life? So let's give it one last hoo-rah. One last blissful weekend of freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment